View Single Post
Old 16-02-2020, 16:18   #72
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: BBC licence fee to be reviewed by Conservatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Even BBC4 is watched by more than any Sky channel !.
It needs to be addressed as kicking the can down the road won’t help things.

I am recently a man in his 50’s. I watch Graham Norton, Question time, occasionally Match of the Day and perhaps the odd drama. I listen to Radio 4 and 5 on occasion. Do I think I get Value for what I pay for... questionable. But it’s not a massive amount so I can live with it.

I pay less per month for amazon prime. Watch Vikings, Picard, The grand Tour and a host of other things i dip in and out of. I also get free delivery on Amazon.

I watch Netflix, for next to nothing, because of the multiple users function to share the cost and I watch loads of stuff on there.

I have Sky, which is expensive IMO, but I watch the football, F1, Golf, (BBC has naff all sport) yesterday, History, sky news (except morning can’t stand Kay Burley), kids watch all their channels and lots of other stuff.

I watch ITV & Ch4

So based on everything the BBC is a small % of what I consume, and I really could live without it.

My kids, don’t watch anything on the BBC at all, and they’re the future. The next generation as they grow up will not be able to comprehend to be forced to pay for a service they simply do not use.