View Single Post
Old 21-03-2008, 13:38   #1583
manxminx
Inactive

Services: All VM cable: V+, 20Meg Broadband, XL phone
manxminx is on a distinguished roadmanxminx is on a distinguished road
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
What has shocked me the most is the total news blackout that seems to be happening at Virgin Media
Although I'd love to see VM say something in reply to their customers queries and complaints re Phorm, I can understand them keeping quiet for now.

I bet BT now wishes they'd kept quiet - they have contradicted themselves, admitted they lied, and are seen to be headless chickens running around not knowing what to do or how to dig themselves out of the mess they've got themselves into.

VM? They've avoided all this by keeping mum. You can bet they're reading everything that's being said about Phorm, on here and elsewhere.

I'm sure that once we all know for sure if Phorm is legal or not (I know what we all think, but that's not the same), or what the outcome is of the ICO and other official reports (including don't forget the final report from 80/20 Thinking), as well as taking into account the obvious 'do not want' stance from their customers and joe public, then VM will make up their mind and tell us what's going to happening.

To me, VM's silence is reassuring, and If I were the MD, I'd similarly instruct all staff to keep it zipped for now.