View Single Post
Old 13-06-2021, 14:50   #289
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: The future of television

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Doesn't Sky already offer Netflix, fully integrated into their system? I think some contributors are arguing that something cannot happen when it already has.

Just to be clear, the incentive to be on as many platforms as possible is to be more visible and to encourage more people to subscribe to the service. Streamers may or may not accept discounts for those services that can attract more customers than they might otherwise have had. Some may only be prepared to offer introductory deals.

---------- Post added at 11:42 ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 ----------

I'm not sure how you make out that acquiring more customers equates to having less revenue. Could you explain what you mean, please?-

---------- Post added at 11:52 ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 ----------

'Pennies per month'? Where did that come from?

It is quite possible that there will be no discount for some streamers - others, like Apple +, Britbox and Acorn may be prepared to do so to access many more customers that they otherwise would have.

As an interim stage in a transition away from TV channels, I would envisage a completely revised offering including Netflix, Prime, Discovery +, Disney + and Now (or Peacock if we get that in this country later on), together with the Freeview channels on an EPG. There could be slimmer packages for those wishing to pay less. The pay tv channels would disappear.

This would be as affordable as what we are paying now for the maximum package, there or thereabouts. For those of us with a multitude of streamers already, it would be cheaper.
1000 customers subscribe direct from Netflix at £11.99 per customer, Netflix get £11,990.00 per month; 1500 customers subscribe, through Sky, to Netflix at £9.99 per month, of which Netflix get £6.99, Netflix get £10,498.50 per month.

(subscription amounts for illustrative purposes only).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote