View Single Post
Old 02-12-2015, 16:30   #2306
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

As for the statistics, there are many comments made on this forum that cannot be substantiated and yet the authors of such comments are never asked for statistics to back them up. I don't know why you expect that of me, considering all the reports that have been made of viewer discontent about the licence fee.
Because you regularly make statements, as if they are facts, with no evidence to back them up (remember Sky Atlantic? Several people asked you to produce evidence for your stance on that).

And you've just done it again:

Quote:
considering all the reports that have been made of viewer discontent about the licence fee
The inference to me from that statement is that the complaints are overwhelming. Sometimes, that can be confused with a small vocal minority making a lot of noise. And that is where the need for real evidence comes in, to distinguish between the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveh View Post
Couldn't this move to the licence fee thread?
You're probably right. But as with all forums and threads within them, occasionally they wander slightly off topic when someone makes a statement that someone responds to.

And with BBC 3 going to a streaming service, surely the BBC falls within the thread topic title? After all, discussion on potential adds on Netflix would be deemed as valid.

But in my view, this aspect of the 'BBC and adds' should have a limited lifespan on this particular thread, given that there is a more appropriate thread on which to discuss it.