View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 11:11   #2298
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Are you serious?!!

There's been enough coverage about this, I'm surprised you are doubting that a proportion of the population is getting very angry about having to pay the licence fee, PB.

PS -

Just stumbled on this, it wasn't hard to find.

http://advanced-television.com/2015/...-fee-scrapped/
This is a study titled "Truth about Youth". Who cares what the youths think? The "youth" will constantly change every 10-11 years, and as such so will the trends of the youth. The children of people my age are generally being brought up the way we were. Lots of sport, plenty of reading material, children's programmes on TV, bundled tv packages, although one friend does use Now TV, simply for the cheaper movies and the fact they can't afford Sky.

Trends come and go, and 10 years time there will be new trends from the next generation of youth. I imagine a lot of the youth will be fed up with un-skippable ad's if your fantasy comes true.

As you have stated, you have already encountered ad's you can't skip and still don't watch. Theone (apologies for my rudeness not replying to you directly) has stated an ad-free version of a service is not actually ad-free, and in my eyes, advertisers will offer more and more money to HULU to get their products advertised on their service until HULU realize they can drop the "ad-free" service and make money from ad's than they can from a slightly higher priced subscription.

The balance of streaming services and linear TV is pretty good right now. There is no real reason for anyone to pay full price for a bundled TV subscription anymore and the savings made can pay for any additional streaming services.