View Single Post
Old 09-03-2004, 21:16   #7
Tricky
Inactive

Services: $KY+HD - BT Infinity
Tricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful one
Re: Would this set up work for me ? Router question

I have the WRT54G and find it works fine. I also use 11b and 54g devices and therefore have the Network mode set to Mixed but both my devices are fine seperately and together.

I originally had firmware 1.42.2 but have recently gone to 2.02.2 and haven't noticed any difference, it worked fine before anyway! Setup is a doddle (search for the excellent thread on securing your wireless network or PM me).

I have 4 wired devices (including one to a 2nd wireless router!) and 2 wireless all chugging away happily together.

Only problem I've had is when I turn off the SSID broadcast my signal strength drops to 0% but still works fine even streaming media over a 11b connection. I've got a case open with techSupport who seem to handle email calls really well.
Tricky is offline   Reply With Quote