View Single Post
Old 17-12-2012, 15:20   #1529
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Re: General Sky TV Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
Can someone tell me why ,since sky moved all the HD channels around that some programs appear to be in the wrong aspect ratio .Some programs fill my screen and some have the black border down the sides .This didn't happen at all before Sky buggered up the channel listing .
4:3 content shown on a HD channel will always be in the correct aspect ratio i.e with black bars at the sides.

4:3 content shown on a SD channel, Gold for example, will be stretched to fill the screen (fat-o-vision)

It seems to be a matter of personal choice, for some it is a crises if the picture does not fill the screen? For myself I like everything in it's original aspect ratio so when the picture is streched I adjust it to 4:3 or maybe 14:9 using my TV's remote as opposed to the Sky remote.

I am sure it is possible to adjust the TV's AR using the Sky remote but I just cannot be bothered to fiddle about with it. Off the top of my head:- Pressing TV followed by Red or maybe Blue might do the trick.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote