View Single Post
Old 17-11-2020, 11:35   #3508
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I would love to know how NS is going to survive with a population of 5.5 million?

I would be generous and say only 2.5 million will be old enough to earn wages.

That surly cannot be enough to pay for the bills a government need to pay.

More people live in London (9.3 m)

She would get no hand outs from us, then there be the requirement for a border, and all those people that work and live on different sides that would then require a border.

But what would happen in another lockdown situation should we allow people to cross (personally I'd say NO).

NS will bankrupt Scotland with 5 years.
The Republic of Ireland has a population of 5m and seems to be able to pay for its own government. There's quite a few countries in the world that size.

But could Scotland on its own be able to take a punt on a broad portfolio of Covid 19 vaccines in the way that the UK has done? That's a different matter...
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote