Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 15-03-2019, 08:12   #8622
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I think the EU will now be putting a lot of pressure for Parliament to vote for May's deal tbh.
The evidence for this will be when we start hearing them talk about offering a lengthy delay. They will (rightly) point out that a short delay is useless, unless it’s to pass the existing deal. A long delay allows the possibility of ripping up the withdrawal agreement and coming up with something entirely different, which will also most likely be much softer, and more like an EFTA style arrangement.

I don’t believe the EU is keen for a long delay but I do think they’re not above helping Teresa May to get the existing withdrawal agreement over the line by scaring the ERG and the DUP into taking it, at the risk of ending up with something worse.