View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 12:55   #4255
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
TV without commercials appeals to many. Even having to fast forward them is a nuisance I could do without.

Don't forget that we are in the beginning of a transitional period. The BBC is working on the assumption that when the next licence fee is reviewed, the current method of broadcasting channels will be phasing out and all their content will be streamed/on demand. At that point, the licence fee is likely to be scrapped in favour of a subscription and so all the participating channels on the Kangaroo type service will get a cut of the subscription fee.

The one concern I have is that we will be reliant on the broadcasters to determine the length of time that content will be displayed. I rather like the flexibility to view it at my leisure, up to about 18 months ahead. If they place the same kind of timelines as Now TV do, this will make juggling our viewing rather more difficult.
It looks like Ofcom may have been won over, rather belatedly, with the Kangaroo Project idea.

It's a shame that Ofcom's lack of vision has put back the progress on this that was being made before they scuppered their plans. Their action could have seen the early demise of the commercial terrestrials. Let's hope they have recognised their gross error in time to prevent this from happening.

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2018...of-kangaroo-2/