View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 10:08   #13965
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Talking Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Early this morning I saw a bat!

Nothing unusual about that, you might think...except I was at work at the time, in a warehouse in Heywood. I was especially pleased because a) it's the first time I've seen a bat outside of a zoo or whatever, and b) it's at least the third bat we've had visiting but I didn't see the others as I wasn't on shift at the time. We've also had a frog, a cat, a squirrel, a pigeon and numerous spiders.

Given that bats are protected by law I informed our supervisor - who quite approved of the bat's visit (not that any of us could do anything about it even were we so inclined, of course, see note about protection) because "they eat all those bloody moths flitting about when I'm trying to get work done!"

No idea which of our 18 native species it was, but it rather made my night seeing it!