Thread: UK Timeline Doctor Who
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 11:05   #469
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Ever since I saw inside a Dalek I’ve felt they’ve lost their impact completely.
I think in the new series, they've overused the Daleks. Thankfully, Moffat cut down on the usage after Davis, but I think he made some mistakes (Colourful daleks being the main one) and I think still used them a little too much.

It didn't bother me seeing the inside of a Dalek. I'd already seen them in various Classic Who stories before New Who , and I still rate Dalek, the story that re-introduced the Daleks as the best Dalek story in New Who (as well as being one of the best stories of all in New Who). While it takes massive leaps of faith to believe in the story (such as believing anything can download the entire internet in a few seconds through a VGA cable), it's still quite tense, and even a little scary.

I think overusing them has made them less scary. The same with the Weeping Angels. She's not at all scary, but I think they also ruined River Song by overusing the character. She worked best when she had an air of mystery about her.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote