View Single Post
Old 23-11-2011, 17:08   #1
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Get ready for the biggest joke ever.......

Well despite my best efforts we all knew it was going to happen. I don't know whether to laugh, cry or kill someone atm. Here begins the story:

When 100mbit became available in my area 3 weeks ago I rang up to upgrade and got an Indian lady whose english was excellent and I made it crystal clear to her that I didn't want the pooperhub and I wanted to keep the vmng300. She said it was no problem but an engineer still needed to come out bla bla bla. I popped straight onto the forum afterwards to join the thread everyone else in my area was on to find out that peeps had been upgraded over the phone. I rang back and got through to an english lady who said that they can only upgrade superhub customers over the phone and I still needed a visit and I told her that I didn't want the superhub and she said no probs, the engineer still needs to come round to check the power levels etc etc.

So today comes round, I arrange to take the afternoon off work because the engineer is coming between 1-6 and only to find out when I get home at 1 that he came round at 11:30 and was let into the house and swapped the modem over for the superhub and left. This morning when I got up I ran several speed tests and hit 50mbit everytime. Now I am on 100mbit and haven't been able to get more than 36mbit all afternoon.

Rang customer services to get them to send the tech back with my vmng300 and they said tech support needs to arrange that so I got put through to tech support who said customer relations needs to authorise the swap over. Had a semi-long chat with an english dude who couldn't understand why I wanted the vmng300 back because now R30 has been released the superhub is absolutely amazing. If that is the case then when I am only getting 32mbit I ask? He pops me through to 100mbit support team, spend over 1 hour on the phone running endless speed tests, letting them check all the windows settings bla bla, speaking to 2nd line who say the UBR is at 40% utilisation so the problem must be my pc. I get 2 laptops out and get the same results with them so in the end they decide the mode is faulty and a new one is on the way in the post.

Soooooo, the absolute [ADMIN EDIT - inappropriate language removed] joke is that I specifically wanted to keep the vmng300 for this reason, I have been forced to take the superhub which is now deliverying less speed that the previous modem and now it has got to be replaced on day 1 and I have wasted a whole afternoon of my time which could have been avoided.

Is it me does anyone else think that is wrong?
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote