View Single Post
Old 29-03-2020, 20:01   #1488
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Things are returning to normal in Wuhan. I think this could go on here for up to 3 months, but I would not have thought it would be necessary beyond that.
Except of course China did everything to bring it under control once they realised the scale of what they were dealing with.

Track, trace, isolate.

It will take us longer because we didn't conform to the consensus of the global scientific community fast enough, haven't done any meaningful testing in the context of above and allowed large gatherings to continue far longer than they ought to have. Indeed on that last point it was only when the Arsenal manager caught it that we suspended Premiership games and other sports followed suit.

We have almost nothing in common with the response in Wuhan (once China acknowledged the scale of the problem).

And of course regardless of what's going on anywhere any decisions should be based on the body count here.

I bet this didn't happen in Wuhan:

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/...sXFQkBICqCTiUk

Last edited by jfman; 29-03-2020 at 20:04.