View Single Post
Old 26-03-2020, 22:48   #1372
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
There are those who think anything being done by the EU must be bad, and we must be able to do better ourselves.

I believe there is a major difference between "being offered help" and "running back to Brussels" - we should be doing what’s right for the NHS and those affected by the pandemic.
There is indeed a great difference, however my argument is that the claim that we ought to be participating in the EU scheme for no better reasons than 1. It exists, and 2. It’s the EU, suggests to me that the claim - such as it is - is rooted in running, not choosing.

It appears HMG has now opted to join the joint purchasing program on this occasion. Fair enough. I am content with our ability to choose what works best for us, and I have no ideological need for us not to work with other European countries, with or without facilitation through the EU.

Last edited by Chris; 26-03-2020 at 23:38.