View Single Post
Old 01-12-2003, 00:29   #38
DrAwesome
Inactive

DrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DrAwesome Send a message via MSN to DrAwesome
Re: Want ADSL?-Read on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellwear
Just out of interest, who are you getting your BB through? I'm seriously looking at the Bulldog off peak one, luckily the exchange I'm likely to be connected to is Bulldog enabled (what ever that means ).
At a guess some BT exchanges although adsl upgraded can only handle a certain adsl speed (someone will nodoubt correct me if this is incorrect).

Trouble with Bulldog is that your limited to 512k during non peak time wouldnt be so bad if on the 2meg package you were limited to 1meg during peak times during the day and i think someone has already pointed out that you are tied to a 12 month contract (if you look hard enough you can find a 3month and lower contracts) so if you find the service not to your liking then you have a long wait till you can jump ship..

If your looking to switch from NTL to another provider spend abit of time looking for not so noticable things (as i mentioned before) if you decide to upgrade or downgrade your speed is there a cost.

It wasnt a problem for me to select an adsl service as i wanted a service that is faster/reliable than what i have with NTL... the two main problems for me were/are/was selecting which type of adsl modem (i have already a besfr41 ver 2 cable/dsl router) and i wanted an adsl ethernet modem that was compatible (perferably another linksys product?) but i discovered that linksys only sell wireless adsl modems which wasnt my preference. the other problem was keeping the cost down and try not to go over the £100 mark. You can spend ages/days shopping around for the right adsl hardware because some of the adsl hardware that isp's offer can be expensive and ugly. Once you have decided on which adsl modem you want then its time to hit the search engine again to find the cheapest price and what comes with the product (you might find that you need an extra filters because the adsl modem you have bought only has 1 filter or worse it doesnt ship with any filters at all)

switching providers is easy, making decissions is alot harder
DrAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote