Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 29-06-2019, 10:08   #3718
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
A depressing read, Den

I know some of us have different opinions on this subject ( ) but this current situation is unprecedented. At a point in time where the risk is highest and the stakes never more profound, we have 2 men pandering to the whims of a severely unrepresentative, extremist electorate.

The consolation is that they are, at the end of the day, just politicians and so will never do what they are currently promising.
You have made a disgraceful and highly offensive remark. I am a Conservative Party member and you have labelled me as "extremist". At least you have sort of met me on this forum and can form an opinion of the degree of extremism (what is "extremism"?) that I represent - but you will need to explain that.

On the general point you have just made, you appear to wilfully neglect how the system works. We elect a number of MPs and the Queen invites the leader of the party with the highest member count to form a government (based on a recommendation of the outgoing PM). When/if a PM resigns, the Parliament is still in force and the new party leader is usually invited by the Queen to form a government. Then democracy kicks in and a vote of confidence must take place in Parliament.

It's debateable with this shower of MPs as to whether or not this is true democracy, because Labour's Brexit wrecking scheme is just a route to power and far from sincere on Brexit.

Anyway, at least retract your "extremist" remark.

---------- Post added at 10:08 ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
You do realise the Civil Service have legal obligations to serve ministers with objectivity and impartiality unless of course you think they are biased.
I do think that the Civil Service is biased, much the same as the BBC, btw.

My advice is at your risk.