View Single Post
Old 29-04-2019, 09:31   #97
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: New channels planned for Freeview.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I did notice the 'wholly funded' part, but I think that this must be an error. It's part of Tory philosophy to reduce direct taxation in favour of voluntary contributions towards services like advertising, sponsorship etc.

It's for this reason that I can't see S4C ceasing to take advertising, unless i'm wrong and S4C is to become more like BBC1 than Channel 4??
For now I'm interpreting it as S4C always having non-advertising funding, and the BBC was brought in replace another source. It used to directly funded (in part) by one of the government departments directly, the BBC was replacing this at the very least. I don't know the original proportions for the funding to run the channel.

The World Service used to be funded directly, until relatively recently, by a government department, and the BBC was "asked" to take over funding on top of running it.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote