Thread: Smart meters
View Single Post
Old 13-01-2019, 22:03   #15
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Smart meters

We were loaned an energy use monitor by a local energy efficiency charity some years ago (which they never asked to get back). For a little while it was interesting seeing which appliances used what, but after a while it was boring... we only turn things on when we need them anyway, so it made no difference to us. From that perspective I’m in no hurry to get my hands on the remote screen that’s meant to sit in the house. It’s a waste of space, a waste of a socket and a waste of electricity. As for the actual meter itself, well we’ll get one when we have to, but I won’t be surprised if we turn out to be in a signal dead spot, and so still have to submit readings ourselves...
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote