View Single Post
Old 24-08-2021, 17:50   #23
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: PC Spec Question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damien c View Post
Recently upgraded my system.

Running a 5950x, 32Gb 3600Mhz ram, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra and a 1Tb Samsung 980 Pro.

Still trying to decide if I am going to buy a waterblock for the GPU or get a card with a block already on it and upgrade my dad's card.

Honestly though the heat that both the CPU and GPU pump out when playing games is stupid, especially with the GPU drawing on average 400w of power plus on average 120w being drawn by the CPU.

Looking forward to building the shed I want as that will keep the temps down in the room.
If it's the air inside the case getting a bit warm, could it be a simpler matter of adding fans, if only by adding a simple 2(240mm)or3(360mm) fan water cooler for the CPU?

I'm looking to build a new PC to replace my current 8 year old one(i7 4th Gen, GTX1080), and wouldn't like the extra complications and risk of having to build a full water cooled PC and have to strip apart the GPU to water cool it. Looking around, it does seem GPUs with waterblocks already fitted are being made, whether they're in stock is another matter. There are articles of how to put a full water-cooled system together and how to add a waterblock to an existing GPU.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote