Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 27-03-2019, 22:16   #701
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Brexit (New).

10 Tories voted to revoke Article 50! Revoke! Mental.

---------- Post added at 22:12 ---------- Previous post was at 22:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
The paper ballots were supposed to stop people looking over their shoulders in the lobbies and voting tactically. If they were actually still all sitting there with their papers poring over the options and trying to second guess each other then that’s actually worse in my view. We are at a point of national crisis, Parliament had the chance to draw a line under it, but instead they decided to play political games. Disgraceful.
Well yeah but that is absolutely what they did and what we expected them to do. The concept of voting again next week with the most popular options remaining was already priced into the decision making.

IMO The shock is how well the most radical options did. I thought people would naturally drift to Common Market 2.0/Norway as the middle ground but instead they went off to the extremes of 2nd Referendum. Revoke did better than May's deal!

---------- Post added at 22:16 ---------- Previous post was at 22:12 ----------

DUP abstained on Customs Union but theoretically I think they would support it in the end. The votes are there if the Government wrote it into the political declaration.