Thread: Anorexia
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 20:22   #1
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Anorexia

As you may know my niece "K" has been diagnosed as anorexic.

A few week back she did a week at her old school assisting the teacher (In support of her A levels.)

The teacher was talking and asking her how she was, she told the teacher about her food issues and the teacher said "K you should speak to your mum about this, or I can talk to her for you"

K said that she would be OK and then changed her mind and the teacher told my sister.

So the ball is rolling and I did intially think was her girlfriend "R" in some way behind it.

But when I was told that she told my sister when K poured milk away instead of drinking it. I knew she wasn't.

The other week I did thank R for what she was doing and the words K was saying weren't really meant, but R said that she had put a wall up agianst them.

To me this proves how much she loves my niece.

My niece is now on a high calorie diet to put on weight (6 meals a day 3 main and 3 snacks).

R was telling me we need to watch her after she eats as she goes into the bathroom after meals, I imitated sticking my fingers down my throat (my niece was in the kitchen) R said no she goes in to exercise, which is something she must NOT do. But in a caravan this will be hard to do undected.

So as it stands she is coming on holiday with us as R has started a new job and will not be able to supervise her when she's at work, and she cannot be trusted to be on her own, so her brother is in charge of her food and making sure she eats at the right times.

When we do go on holiday we have to be careful if we go out for a meal as K need to see the menu in advanced to she what she can eat (she gets into a flap otherwise), so at other times she will cook her food with her brother.

I do have a question on Anorexia is is similar to alcoholicism where by you have it for life?