View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 18:49   #379
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: One or two new channels coming to Freesat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
It's been a long time coming, I don't know why they didn't add it from launch. All I can think of is that Viacom started penny pinching with regards to Freesat as they removed one of their timeshift channels after Freesat restructured their charging structure last year (5* +1).

Maybe it's not doing as well as they had hoped and they need the extra viewers to appease advertisers??
Main channels often do 8x (rough guess based on memory) better than their +1s, so maybe they will replace another +1 on FreeSat.

I looked at comparative ratings a week or two ago and Paramount Network isn't doing awful, and it's early days. Here's March's Barb ratings summary list.
https://www.barb.co.uk/viewing-data/...ewing-summary/

Just looking at it 5Select (previously My5) is 0.26 and Paramount Network is 0.21 last month. The former channel has been around longer than the latter, so PN isn't doing badly, relatively speaking.

Last edited by cheekyangus; 12-04-2019 at 19:01.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote