View Single Post
Old 23-03-2019, 06:10   #5
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Does Line Rental Saver now put you into a new contract?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
As you paid for 12mths I would assume you've contracted for the phone for 12mths.

As it's not refundable they can hardly penalise you if you leave early so I can't see the problem.
My issue is being tied into a contract without me being told. Financially, there's not much extra that they could do, but this practice needs nipping in the bud. I was also told that i'd been sent a new contract, but hadn't.

As Ken wasn't tied into a contract, I suspect it's the usual BS from thsrs people though.

---------- Post added at 05:10 ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
It does effectively tie you in for a year, as it's not refundable. It can put you in a weak position when renegotiating a contract, they know you probably aren't going elsewhere ! I've only ever taken it out after I've just signed up for a 12month contract. I'm minded not to renew mine, the saving isn't much any longer, it used to be a lot more.
Yep, that's what I did when I recontracted in return for TV discounts. It's been reduced to £36 a year IIRC, which works out at £3 a month off. Much less than when it was introduced.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote