View Single Post
Old 18-08-2018, 17:51   #1941
cityfan247
cf.addict

Services: Full House 2 V6 Boxes 1 1TB Tivo Freesat Freeview HD Roku Apple TV 3 Firesticks
cityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Sports is big business and they are run by people who only think of how much money they can generate. They dont give a toss about the fans. We are simply punters to them ..to be milked until we are dry.

I am sure La Liga got great exposure through Sky Sports. (Would be even greater on a free to air channel of course!). But no they sign the rights over to a small player like Eleven Sports purely down to dosh. They dont care if you cant watch it in HD on your big screen tv. Its so short sighted.

The NHL did the same things few years ago when it signed over the rights to Premier Sports. Cut it's exposure overnight but i dont think they were bothered.
The thing is as so few people in the UK can watch (ok I accept with the arrival of FreeSports there is limited access to more people now)

The NFL, NBA and even MLB are gaining popularity in the UK with games being scheduled over here. BT and Sky show plenty of games. The NHL is very much the poor relation these days. The NHL big wigs have only themselves to blame.

I subscribe to MLB. TV (which is terrific btw) I can watch games in HD quality on my TV. But this season each week they show a game exclusively on Facebook. The game is blacked out on MLB.Tv so you can only watch it on your phone or tablet unless you have a device that lets you stream it on telly.

Yes the facebook coverage is free and opens coverage up to more people

Again no thought for the fans.