View Single Post
Old 12-12-2019, 22:23   #14
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Election 2019 Exit Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Would the impact of the popular Ruth Davidson stepping down as leader not have impacted the Conservative vote in Scotland as well?
That was the fear, but the polling has suggested the Tory vote in Scotland has actually held up. Either that hasn’t actually happened or other factors are at play.

I’m going to stick my neck out and say the Labour vote in Scotland has collapsed to 2015 levels (or worse), significant numbers of those voters have gone to the SNP, but that even then, the SNP won’t do quite as well as predicted - I think the Tories will hold on to a couple.

---------- Post added at 22:21 ---------- Previous post was at 22:17 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Swinson from Parliament too: Looks like the SNP will win her seat
Yes, I’m a bit sceptical to be honest. The SNP didn’t win everything even in 2015, in the post-referendum spasm. I’ll be very surprised if they sweep the board.

---------- Post added at 22:23 ---------- Previous post was at 22:21 ----------

Sorry ... Scotland’s total is 59, not 55, so someone is hanging on somewhere. I suspect Jo Swinson and David Mundell will survive. Beyond that, who knows ...