View Single Post
Old 30-04-2021, 13:07   #784
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbxx View Post
I don't understand why the author of that article is so incensed at was so obviously going to happen. We leave, we are treated as a third country. It's literally what people voted for wasn't it, or was there an expectation that we would be treated differently from other third countries? If so, that's what trade deals are for.
My reading of the (excellent) article was that the author was encouraging the Guvmin to toughen up on the EU now that the treaty has been ratified, particularly as regards invoking Article 16 of the NI Protocol because of deterioration in civil circumstances.

My underlying, and resentful feeling is that the EU is revelling in catching us out and can't wait to take us to court (as they're already doing due to the necessary extension of the NI grace period).

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote