Thread: VM Business New Maden outage
View Single Post
Old 21-12-2019, 14:03   #3
vm_tech
cf.addict

vm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to all
Re: New Maden outage

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/106004...o-fix-problem/

It does get to me when people accuse VM of not bothering to fix stuff like this speedily enough. This would be classed as a major service outage, and it would be a case of all hands on deck. I’ve been on these types of fault, starting work in the morning, the fault comes in the afternoon. All hands on deck diagnosing, then when it gets to the stage the splicers are in place, a few VM engineers on site co-ordinating, then going home. Then getting there first thing the next morning to take over from someone that’s been there all night. There are so many reasons for a delay, blocked ducting so unable to pull a new fibre in. This states it was on a construction site which could have been locked. I’ve known of an underground electrical fire melt the fibres, which is difficult when you’re driving around expecting an excavation with damaged fibres in the middle. Every company has its flaws, but in this situation VM throw everything at it to get the fault done. Staff under no obligation to be in work at 2am to get stuff done as quickly as possible, the engineers want to get this sort of issue resolved ASAP

Last edited by vm_tech; 21-12-2019 at 14:04. Reason: Spelling
vm_tech is offline   Reply With Quote