View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 21:00   #4869
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
End of the second day without a boiler (condenser).

British Gas boiler engineer came out this morning (pleased with the speedy response), investigated, and believed it was an electrical fault. He called Despatch, and asked for an engineer, and was given a date of 21st December - he was very good, and convinced Despatch to escalate, and they got an on-call (not BG) electrician who has just left.

It’s (apparently) not an electrical problem, but an issue with the pump in the airing cupboard upstairs, which needs a heating engineer (apparently different from a boiler engineer) - he’s called it in, and I should be getting a call in the morning informing me what happens next...

Luckily we have a gas fire in the lounge, and an immersion heater we can use for hot water.

Here’s hoping for a speedy resolution to this issue.
Modern boilers seem to be crap. My sons constantly breaks down; however he's renting and it's the landlord who constantly has to fix.
Mine is circa 1979, has never broken down (touch wood !).
Forget BG Hugh, they will just say they don't have the parts, and try and flog you another boiler. Get a local independent trader to have a look, nothing lost. A pump should be simple to replace.

Last edited by Mr K; 04-12-2017 at 21:17.
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote