View Single Post
Old 28-05-2008, 23:10   #7443
warescouse
cf.addict

warescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nice
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial View Post
Was split on linking inphormationdesk.org or badphorm, I figured I wanted a place people could ask questions other than emailing me

I was scrolling past this and this entry caught my eye, we've had a user called AlanC start a thread on BadPhorm which has caused a long argument with him.

As has been said, trying to keep meta content the same as content on the page. I'm getting good advice on the SEO side
The 'title' metatag and the 'description' metatag are the important ones from Googles point of view. The content should have the important search keywords words (contained within the title tag and the description) fairly early on within the page. A good heading is useful. Your title should be something along the lines of <title> Phorm | Webwise spying opt-out opt-in" </title> and should preferably be the top meta tag of the bunch.

The meta tag 'keyword' from the Google search engines point of view is largely irrelevant and it tends to ignore it. Other search engines do use it though.

You need lots of good one way links to the site. 'dig it' etc with good anchor text. Note that sites linking to each other can cancel each others out. One way links are the secret to Google ranking success!

You should do a sitemap and submit it to Google also. Unless you get lots of visits from various sites and good page links to your site, you will end up in the Google 'sandbox' although I doubt this will happen for long, if at all, due to the current interest in Phorm/webwise.