Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 15-03-2019, 08:16   #8623
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
The evidence for this will be when we start hearing them talk about offering a lengthy delay. They will (rightly) point out that a short delay is useless, unless it’s to pass the existing deal. A long delay allows the possibility of ripping up the withdrawal agreement and coming up with something entirely different, which will also most likely be much softer, and more like an EFTA style arrangement.

I don’t believe the EU is keen for a long delay but I do think they’re not above helping Teresa May to get the existing withdrawal agreement over the line by scaring the ERG and the DUP into taking it, at the risk of ending up with something worse.
I think they'll do the opposite. Scare the reminder of Parliament to voting for it by saying a lengthy delay might not be granted. I think that is also whats makes sense from their point of view, they'll have little desire to keep dragging this out.