View Single Post
Old 13-03-2019, 09:36   #1
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Splitting Broadband into two LAN's

Hey everyone,

I've moved over to Sky so have a Sky Q Router and wondered what would be the best way of splitting my connection to provide two seperate LAN's that do NOT see each other.
The reason for this is to seperate my IOT gadgets, etc on one LAN and my private NAS, computers, etc on another.

Now I thought about using a ubiquiti security gateway that provides two ports and each would be a seprate LAN. This would go into my Sky router. (Yes I know it would be double NAT)
But this means I would then need two extra switches into those LAN ports to give me ports to connect to.

Is there another way via a VLAN switch that could go straight into the Sky router?
Then seperate ports belong to a different VLAN. Or would the switch not be able to do routing to the web (sky router)?

Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thankyou.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote