View Single Post
Old 20-03-2008, 21:11   #1533
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSon View Post
That's the router talking to the Modem on the Modem's private internal IP I believe. Is why the IP is in the reserved private netowrk range. Its nothing on the external net.
Again, I have to disagree with this unless someone actually has evidence to the contrary. The latency on that second hop is simply too high to be on the same device as the first. I don't use cable, I use ADSL and I have /29 subnet so I use static routing for all my IPs and each device has a public IP address so I don't use NAT -but- I still think that second hop is VM's gateway as opposed to your router/modem. I am not saying it definitely is, it could just be a case that the VM cable boxes are crap and have high latency at the network bridge.

Alexander Hanff