View Single Post
Old 14-03-2018, 09:01   #4
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Netgear 8 port switch help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arty2K16 View Post
So to get this right, I can use the SuperHub 3 in Router Mode for the Wifi AND connect a patch cable from the superhub to the switch and use the switch to manage the wired connections?
The switch I am going for is the Netgear GS108UK 8 port gigabit switch.
I may have to tinker a bit as a few of my devices have a static (and reserved in Shub) IP and would like this to stay the same too if possible.

Thanks for your reply Paul :-)
I have a NAS disc plugged into a switch and it uses a static IP address. All the switch does is remember which device is on each port. Just consider it as an extention to the router.
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote