Old 17-10-2019, 18:43   #12
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age
Re: Just upgraded

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
That was precisely the problem. Virgin Media staff got it wrong. 1) The Ooomph team believed and said that the SIM was truly unique and unlimited. They told me directly, after speaking to managers, that it was NOT subject to FUP regarding data limits. 2) The FUP calculator asked users to enter what their SIM cost. Oooomph customers could only enter £0.00 because there was no stated fee for their SIM.(The cost was embedded in a discounted package) The calculator told them they had no data allowance in the EU! 3) I didn't ignore the legal terms. The legal terms were unclear. On the day of Sale I was told that the SIM was unlimited in the EU! Common sense doesn't even enter into it. Customers believe what sales teams tell them or they have nothing to go on. They are the experts, you would think. When I raised the issue with them after using shed loads of data, they stated that the rest of Virgin Media hadn't caught up yet! THat's how sure they were, right up to department management.

This wasn't just a regular, minor, Virgin Media cock up. This was Virgin Media in full "things fall apart, the centre cannot hold' mode.

As I have reported earlier. Virgin Media have apologised profusely for misleading me and other customers and say they have now put things right. Naturally, they declined to put their apology in writing with a full explanation for the cock up.
The legal terms were not unclear. It stated fair usage policy applies to the oomph bundles on roam like home, this was pointed out to you from the beginning. I don't disagree VM got it wrong, I'm saying if you had read the terms and conditions which are the legal part of your contract, you might have not went abroad and used as much data as you could. You can have 10 people telling you one thing, but if the legal terms say different, you stick to the legal terms, the terms that will have been read by lawyers to make sure they stay legal. This is were the common sense comes into it, VM doesnt own the network you connect to when abroad, they simply cant offer unlimited roaming.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote