Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 22-02-2021, 12:21   #3786
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
1. The single dose strategy pursued jointly by HMG and the devolved authorities has been a public health policy triumph. Other nations should emulate it immediately.
2. After a single dose, the Oxford vaccine is significantly more effective at preventing acute Covid than the Pfizer vaccine.
1. Don't expect the government to get any credit whatsoever, there's already been faux outrage because of bureaucracy that wasn't correctly followed whilst we're up to our necks in trying to obtain PPE in competition with the rest of the world.

No credit for Hancock backing the Oxford vaccine and tying them up with AZ and bank rolling it. No credit for the vaccine rollout (the NHS have done all themselves), no credit for the single jab method.

Mistakes have been made in the past year, of course they have, but HMG have been focused on the pathway out of this and on that item, they have delivered.

2. Unfortunately for the EU and their attempts to discredit the AZ vaccine we have real world data that trumps political games.

---------- Post added at 12:21 ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
I think the plan to re-open schools for just 2 weeks before Easter is completely bonkers. We should have waited til after Easter.

You cant get all kids back into learning and up to same level in 2 weeks.
No more bonkers than having them go back for 1 day.

Football and Golf return on March 29th. Brilliant!

Pubs open by May I should think, not that I'm an avid pub-goer, but I do enjoy a steak dinner on a Friday.