View Single Post
Old 08-02-2021, 19:02   #663
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
You will only see the channels you have selected on your profile and your wife will only see hers on her pofile. In fact, you do not need to limit the profiles to individuals. You can create a profile for anything - such as moods or seasons.
Thank you, heavyside. That clears that up!

---------- Post added at 18:53 ---------- Previous post was at 18:52 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Recordings are shared across the profiles. Channels in the guide and watchlists are per profile
Got it, thanks Ben.

---------- Post added at 18:58 ---------- Previous post was at 18:53 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Most people aren't interested, in apps profiles or talking to their remote as they have no friends....

They just want to watch/record tv. As this will end up with many having less recording space, can't see the point
It depends on personal preferences, Mr K. My wife wants to watch a lot of reality shows (which I detest) but our recordings and bookmarks are quite extensive, so some of her programmes fall down the list quite a long way and she never bothers to look beyond about the first dozen pages or so. If all her stuff was under her profile, the whole display would be for only her stuff and it will be much easier for her to find them.

I’d probably go for three profiles - one for me (the more gritty stuff I watch after my wife falls asleep late at night), one for my wife and the other for us both. This would make life a lot easier!

---------- Post added at 19:02 ---------- Previous post was at 18:58 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
IMHO 1TB is more than enough for the purposes of watching recordings at a convenient time.
Anyone wanting a bigger storage capacity is archiving material they will never get round to watching.
That’s only true if you spend a lot of time watching live scheduled TV, which is a poor use of your time.

I record or bookmark everything we are likely to watch so we can see our programmes at times suitable for us and to skip through those pesky commercials.