View Single Post
Old 28-11-2020, 13:04   #784
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
I'll tell you what offends me . . .

People who insist that the words to "baa baa black sheep" have racist overtones and should be changed.

The stupidity that I can have a black cat, but not a black neighbour.

'Non white' footballers moaning that they're 'under represented' as managers, when in reality most who've been given the opportunity are bloody useless. Same goes for musicians saying they don't get recognition . . if you have talent you'll get it, if not you just aren't good enough.

Those who insist everything and everyone has to be placed accurately into it's own special box in life, and make silly rules to ensure it happens.

oh, and 'coloured' people with 27 previous claiming they're targeted by police
Your first two statements are not congruent with reality...

re your first comment - wiki states [quote] it was alleged in the popular press, it was seen as racially dubious. This was based only on a rewriting of the rhyme in one private nursery as an exercise for the children there and not on any local government policy.[10] A similar controversy emerged in 1999 when reservations about the rhyme were submitted to Birmingham City Council by a working group on racism in children's resources, which were never approved or implemented.[11] Two private nurseries in Oxfordshire in 2006 altered the song to "Baa Baa Rainbow Sheep", with black being replaced with a variety of other adjectives, like "happy, sad, hopping" and "pink".[12] Commentators have asserted that these controversies have been exaggerated or distorted by some elements of the press as part of a more general campaign against political correctness.[quote]

"It was alleged in the popular press" - not like the Daily Mail, Express, and the Sun to make stuff up, is it?

re your second statement - two of my grandchildren are mixed heritage, and their father's side of the family don't have a problem with being identified as "black" (being from Afro-Caribbean background).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote