View Single Post
Old 15-10-2020, 15:02   #12
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: 1gig Rollout getting faster

Quote:
Originally Posted by baz View Post
i don't need really fast speeds as I don't download or play games i'm only on 50mbps and that's only reaching 43.38/upload 5.70 I check my speed daily because my pc seemed to be slower than it was and just renewed my contract so if they cant even get my speed right how on earth are the going to achieve 1gbit
Your modem will be configured for more than 50Mb to allow for overheads. Eliminate factors giving you a low reading, e.g. Is this over wifi or ethernet cable? WiFi often gives a less than optimum speed. Are you certain nothing else in the house was using bandwidth, like a phone or TV? If you consistently get less than 50Mb after checking for local causes, call CS. You should get over 50Mb
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote