Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 26-02-2019, 17:32   #7873
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Why though? The pressure is off now since the idea of crashing out with no deal can be postponed for three months. The only scenario I can see is that the ERG sense that this is the best they can get since something else might happen in those three months but they don't seem to be thinking like that at the moment....
I think there’s no doubt this is about threatening the ERG. They’re holding out for No Deal but as they do so they risk No Brexit. There’s little chance of a second referendum being called by Parliament this month, but in two or three months, if negotiations are still at an impasse? Who knows what might happen then?

I think we’re about to get a legally binding addendum to the withdrawal agreement (so that the agreement itself has not been re-opened, as per EU insistence) which will be put to Parliament as Meaningful Vote #2. And all hell will be let loose on the Tory back benches as No.10 tries to get it voted through.