View Single Post
Old 31-01-2020, 16:16   #20
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Review “strongly advises” not to can HS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
investment in local services all over the UK,not a line that gets a few people to London 15 mins quicker.
This is essentially what a comedian on the BBC's The News Quiz said. He said yes HS2 would get people to the North faster, but that's not the problem. It's getting around the North using public transport that is.

I don't have extensive experience of the public transport around the UK, but I've got family in the Midlands and the North. Whenever I visit them, I find it noticeably harder to get public transport to actually get to them (I can't drive), and usually end up getting a cab. Get off the train near most London stations and it's likely the longest you'll have to wait for a bus is 20 minutes.

Obviously, I haven't seen all the figures for HS2, but from what I have seen, I don't think the scheme has been justified. Maybe it will help by reducing congestion on existing tracks and services. I actually think it's likely because whenever I've been to chester, if the service goes via Birmingham, a lot of people get on or off..
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote