View Single Post
Old 28-07-2017, 10:24   #1999
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post
There will be two reactions from customers; those who don't see why they should have to pay for a PSB channel that others can access on Freeview, so would prefer a blackout on Virgin, and those who feel they pay good money to Virgin every month yet would be unable to view the country's most popular commercial channel.

I don't have Virgin TV, but if I did I'd be in the first group. But then I rarely watch the channel anyway.

ITV does need to tread carefully - a blackout on Virgin could do significant harm to their, already faltering, ad revenues.
Agreed. Maybe VM should just put the TV Player app on the system and people could access ITV that way during the blackout, which I think would be fairly short lived.

---------- Post added at 10:24 ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

I think that they will probably come to an agreement and pay less than what ITV want as a compromise.

Then when any contracts expire, VM/Sky will stop subsidising channels such as ITVBe & ITV Encore to recoup some or all of the charges.

Freesport have now confirmed that they will be available on all platforms, not sure if this means it will be on VM from launch though on 31/8/17.

It will show rugby, football etc. I was a bit worried that as a free sports channel it would be showing the tiddlywinks final of something!
I don't think VM would be interested in a compromise on payment to ITV. They would not wish to concede the principle of having to make a payment in the first place.

The charge does not apply to Sky, so I see no reason for them to pull out of their support for ITV Encore.