View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 00:07   #3332
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
If it is indeed Amazon, there appeared to be some sort of hitch the first time around. There were rumours that Liberty Global had prevented it from launching, but I have my doubts about that, because that flew in the face of what John Malone said before about content.

Possibly, the delay was related to the new Amazon channels (some of which are the same as available already on Virgin) or maybe there were technical issues. I hope that this time, the rumour is correct and that nothing will now get in the way of the launch.
It was reported at the time that VM were up for Amazon but the parent company LGI over-ruled them so this is more substantial than a rumour. Fries does mention Amazon as a big threat. https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2017...st-challenger/

Now that Disney is removing its content from other channels and services, I can see its new on-demand service appearing on VM but that has a launch date of two years hence.