Thread: 4K UHD on Virgin Media
View Single Post
Old 19-09-2017, 17:45   #21
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: UHD on Virgin Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
These are good questions, Raider. At the moment, I believe you could only retain recordings for a limited time in the cloud - 9 months, I think it is. However, I am hoping this will change to allow users to keep the recordings for 18 months to 2 years in the near future.

I may be corrected on this, but I think a 'recording' to the cloud is similar to bookmarking. As far as the viewer is concerned, you just have to take the appropriate option. The programme will appear in 'My Shows' and you will access this in much the same way as you do now.

The cloud is really a store of all available programmes, similar to the 'on demand' principle, and you bookmark against the content of that store.
That is disappointing, I was hoping for something better than on demand. My viewing is mainly sport and sport has very little on demand.

Unless this improves it sounds like cloud recording will be a waste of time for me.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote