Thread: 4K UHD on Virgin Media
View Single Post
Old 19-09-2017, 17:34   #20
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: UHD on Virgin Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
How does recording to the cloud work?

Does it mean there is an infinite amount of storage in the cloud that I could utilise?

If I told box to record something on the cloud, will it stay there for me until I decide I no longer want it - however long that may be?

Is this going to cost me?
These are good questions, Raider. At the moment, I believe you could only retain recordings for a limited time in the cloud - 9 months, I think it is. However, I am hoping this will change to allow users to keep the recordings for 18 months to 2 years in the near future.

I may be corrected on this, but I think a 'recording' to the cloud is similar to bookmarking. As far as the viewer is concerned, you just have to take the appropriate option. The programme will appear in 'My Shows' and you will access this in much the same way as you do now.

The cloud is really a store of all available programmes, similar to the 'on demand' principle, and you bookmark against the content of that store.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote