View Single Post
Old 28-12-2016, 20:25   #10
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age
Re: Sky Q problems on Watchdog tonight.

I am unfortunately one of the affected Sky Q customers... and have just had Sky agree to terminate our contract so we can finally escape what can only be described as our worst TV experience ever (and we had the original Pace Cable boxes so that says something!)

Main box needed reset every 2 days to prevent recording fails, couldn't use more than 1 device (tablet or mini box) when using either ethernet or wireless. When mini box did have a connection it would blue screen at least 30 times a night. This coupled with infuriatingly slow on demand speeds when every other device in the house was unaffected was beyond frustrating.

Multiple engineer visits, changed ISP, changed router to a Netgear Nighthawk, separated 2.4 and 5Ghz networks, tried homeplugs, tried 100's of meters of direct ethernet to rule out problems... got to the stage where we just hated turning on the TV.

Gone back to Youview awaiting the future FTTP service from VM in my village. To be fair, having Youview has made us look again at how we actually watch TV.

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote