View Single Post
Old 18-02-2021, 12:00   #6
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: Installing a Home Ethernet Network?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabian View Post
I was debating that but ultimately the majority of devices will have their own power supplies, plus I'm planning on putting the new ethernet ports next to existing or new dual plug points (as needed) as part of the overall house rewire.

The only possibility I could think of for a device needing PoE might be security cameras and currently I'm using hardwired or battery powered Ring cameras which I'm happy with and have a seamless wifi connection with my mesh network.

What I have been contemplating is setting up my network using PoE Mesh nodes around the house as well as wired. This way the nodes become part of the furniture with no visible wiring. With so many devices WiFi now cameras bulbs sockets and all the rest of the smart kit I am putting priority on a good WiFi network above the rest and backhauling all the Mesh network means full signal and speed everywhere
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote