View Single Post
Old 17-04-2018, 10:24   #2
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: The brothels operating within view of the Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43784251

There are, apparently, brothels operating with the full knowledge of the police. As long as the girls are kept safe, and not exploited, the Police will not close them down.

What do you think?

While I understand that people do have moral and ethical objections to brothels, and sex workers in general, I think that this is a good thing, and I think it should go further.

Brothels and Prostitution should be legalised. Then they can be licenced, and when they are licenced, the authorities can then start monitoring the girls to ensure they are not mistreated, that they are clean, and they don't rip off the customers.

After all, the industry will continue to exist, as there will always be people willing to pay, and if there are those willing to pay, there will be those who are willing to sell the act, and they may not have their girl's best interests at heart, after all, even if their girls are abused to the point they can no longer work or end up on heroin just to cope with their life, there are always fresh girls who can be exploited.
I agree completely. As long as the prostitutes actually want to be in this line of work and are not forced into it, I really cannot see the objection. It might even stop the sex trafficking in this country, just as legalising drugs would take most drug crime off the streets.

Prohibition did not work in the US, but it seems that governments have yet to learn the lessons of what became obvious a century ago.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote