View Single Post
Old 18-10-2017, 16:05   #403
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I would campaign to vote to leave should they do it. I am not going to vote leave based on a hypothetical scenario you've come up with.
Virtually everything's hypothetical right now - it's just which type of hypothetical is the most risky. There's nothing about the EU which shows they're willing to compromise, change direction or anything else. They can't even allow themselves to allow a major European ally to exit their pipe dream without making a stark point to us and other nations about how painful they will make it and trying to undermine the City of London for example. We know this is true and yet you still prefer to trust them and risk being drawn into something we'll never get out of no matter how we vote. At last at a general election where we can vote for change. Since when did the EU accept a vote for significant change on any of their core principles? I'm sorry, I can accept that life outside the EU won't be a bed or roses and does raise concerns but I find the attitude that a bunch of singleminded Eurocrats acting largely at the behest of Germany can be trusted with this nation's interests more than our own parliament bizarre.

Last edited by Osem; 18-10-2017 at 16:11.