View Single Post
Old 16-01-2017, 15:43   #2681
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonandmarkuk View Post
I'm certain when Tivo was first launched by Virgin the USA software had to be coded to add Scart support (I don't think the USA Premier boxes which ours were loosely based on had scart).
I guess dropping scart support brings some of the base code in line with the USA version of the Tivo software.

I use a Slingbox with my v6, simply needed a HDMI splitter and a converter box (in my case convert to RCA)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhReally View Post
It's easier just to find a torrent and d/l it...I know you are only kidding about saving on the s/w costs, they will have to have paid to get the code redacted out and then fully regression tested.

Didn't I read somewhere on here they do or plan to use the same box in Europe and it's enabled there?
As jonandmarkuk said above, the Tivo SCART code may not be there in the first place. And I'm not sure how many countries in Europe have the SCART output enabled on the V6 boxes. I suspect it's probably just a couple of Eastern European countries. The likes of Germany and Switzerland probably don't have the functionality enabled.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote